Bainbridge Quilt Festival Guidelines
Bainbridge Quilt Festival is a non-juried, non-judged quilt show. All styles of quilts are welcome - baby quilts, wall quilts, or one from your guest bed. Don't be shy. This is a Festival meant for celebrating quilts. Your entry receipt will specify the drop off site. We do have just a few guidelines.
For the Festival a quilt is defined as two layers of fabric with a batting or filler inside. Each quilt must be quilted, or stitched together. Your quilt top must be made by you or your group, but may be quilted by a different person. We will not accept quilts made from a “panel” of fabric, tablecloths, stuffed animals, or clothing. We also prefer quilts new to the Festival, not shown before on the Island. You may enter up to 4 quilts for each registration. If you have more, just do a second registration.
Label Your Quilt
A fabric label with the name of the quilt, full name of the quilt maker, and name of quilter (if different) must be sewn to the back of your quilt. A sleeve is not required. If you are offering your quilt for sale, price and contact information will be on the Festival paper label. You do not have to put a price on your fabric label.
Quilts must be at least 10“ x 12” and may not exceed 80" x 88". Square and rectangular shapes are the easiest to hang. If your quilt has an unusual shape that makes it hard to hang, we may not be able to display it.
Group of Quilts
If members of your quilting guild or group have a quilt project you would like hung together, let us know! We will make every effort to get them hung together.
Selling Your Quilt
Yes, you may offer your quilt for sale. Any sales are made directly between buyer and seller. BIMQG will not manage any sales. There is a place for giving the price for your quilt on the registration form. Your paper label will show the quilt is for sale.
FESTIVAL DAY Saturday, September 10, 2022
Many Many Lovely Quilts!!!
Over 150 amazing works from many different styles of quilts hung outdoors on Winslow Green. It is a joyous site.
Viewer's Choice Voting BACK for 2022
Viewers will be asked to vote for their favorite quilt. Prizes are gift certificates to area fabric shops.
Raffle Quilt Tickets
Win the fabulous Reunited quilt made by Guild members and quilted by Marybeth O'Halloran of White Lotus Quilting.
Silent Auction NEW for 2022
Another quilt made by BIMQG members and quilted by Marybeth O'Halloran of White Lotus Quilting.
Proceeds benefit World Central Kitchen efforts with Ukrainian refugees. wck.org
To Enter Your Quilt(s) The following pages will be online June 20, 2022
1. FORM Complete the Quilt Entry 2022 Entry Form and submit it. Each entrant may submit up to 4 quilts on one form.
Fee is $10 if you volunteer 2 hours on Festival day. $20 if you do not volunteer. You may have a substitute volunteer for you.
2. FEE After submitting the Quilt Entry Form pay the registration fee using the Registration Payment page.
3. VOLUNTEER Submit the volunteer form at SignUpGenius.com. If you are asking for someone to volunteer in your place, have them submit the form. This person must submit the volunteer form online and indicate your name on it.
4. Deliver your quilt(s). Delivery date is Friday, September 9 from 11am to 4pm. Your reminder will indicate the drop off location. Please email our Drop-Off Coordinator if you cannot make this time frame.
5. Reclaim your quilt(s) Festival Day after the show at Eagle Harbor Congregational Church (corner of Madison and Winslow Way) as soon as they can be taken down and checked in. Approximately 4:30 PM