The Bainbridge Island Modern Quilt Guild is a non-profit group organized and operated exclusively for charitable and educational purposes.
The Guild will
● Develop and encourage the art of modern quilting,
● Work with other guilds and groups with a similar purpose,
● Encourage new quilters and other fiber artists interested in non-traditional fiber projects,
● Offer educational opportunities through classes, workshops and sharing of information,
● Support and provide opportunity for “charity” or other works that provide back to the community through the use of modern quilting skills.
The Guild fulfills part of these purposes through the organization of the annual Bainbridge Quilt Festival, a free outdoor quilt show open to ALL styles of quilting.
Guild Challenge: Red White and Blue
Many members took the challenge to create and original mini quilt in our national colors. you have to see these minis in person since size cannot be represented in these individual photos. Some pieces are less than 12x12. Others are over 24x24
Works are shown at Esther's Fabrics open now and through July. Come by for the July 7 Art Walk.
If you miss the show the works will complement the American Hero Quilts at the Bainbridge Quilt Festival September 9, 2017.
MEETINGS and SEW INs
Monthly Sew Ins are held the second Sunday of each month except May which is the third Sunday. Updates are on our Facebook site. 2017 meetings at BARN.
8890 Three Tree Lane NE Bainbridge Island, WA 98110
11 am to 4 pm. Join our email list below for up to date information.
Guests are always welcome. Meeting business until about noon. Then a sharing session. Then we visit and sew. Bring along a project or just come visit.